RFPT Independent Review: Panel meeting on 2 February 2021
The RFPT Independent Review held its first Review Panel meeting on Tuesday, 2 February, chaired by Keith Skeoch and attended by all Panel members as well as the Secretariat of officials that are supporting the Review Panel.
The Review Panel discussed the timetable for submitting its final report, as well as the scope of the work and areas of analysis that will be required to fulfil the Terms of Reference as set by the Treasury.
In addition to discussions on the substance of the issues relating to ring-fencing and proprietary trading, the Review Panel made a number of decisions which included:
- agreement to launch a call for evidence in the spring in order to facilitate discussions with interested parties regarding the impacts of ring-fencing and rules relating to proprietary trading;
- agreement to publish updates relating to the review where appropriate to ensure maximum transparency for the public; and
- agreement on the governance structures for conducting the review.
The Review Panel will next meet on 3 March 2021.
Notes to Editors
- The members of the RFPT Independent Review Panel are Keith Skeoch (Chair), John Flint, Patrick Honohan, Betsy Nelson, Preben 2. Prebensen, and Linda Yueh.
- More details about the RFPT Independent Review and its members, including the Terms of Reference, are available at: rfpt.independent-review.uk.
- Press enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All other enquiries should be directed to email@example.com.
- In line with other independent inquiries and reviews, please note that the RFPT Independent Review is not subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000.